| AM: PM:
※ 구인 회원에 한해서 정보가 제공됩니다.
Date of Birth
Pacific Western University, Los Angeles, CA U.S.A.
▸Bachelor of Science with a major in Nutrition, May, 1991
▸Master of Science with a major in Nutrition, May, 1992
Simon S. Kim 4 / 4
▸Ph.D. with a major in Nutrition, June, 1995
Southern California University, School of Oriental Medicine & Acupuncture, Los Angeles, CA U.S.A.
▸Master of Science in Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture, July 2003
▸Tuina Therapist, July 2003
Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
Advanced Nursing Course Lecturer
- Teaching Advanced Nursing course in English.
- Nursing and medical English
German-Mongolian Institute of Technology(GMIT), Nalaikh, Mongolia
Aug. 2015-Dec. 2019
- Teach English (B2, C1 Level English / Academic English / Scientific English / Technical English for school students and for professionals of outside companies)
- Teach Life Sciences & Environmental Health.
- Teach Academic English to Master course students
- Current Member of Academic Senate
- Current Member of Research Committee
- Served in Scholarship Committee as a chairman
Mongolian University of Science and Technology(MUST), Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Sept. 2013-Oct. 2014
- Taught English (Academic English/TOEFL to undergraduate and graduate students)
Huree University, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
School of Life Science
Dean & Professor
Sept. 2011-Dec. 2015
- Dean of Life Science College
Simon S. Kim 3 / 4
Founding member of Life Sciences College
Developed curriculum of Food Nutrition Dept./Food Biotechnology Dept. and Life Sciences Dept.
Managed/Operated/Developed Life Sciences College/Faculty & Administrative staffs as Dean
- Director of Student Affairs
Took care of student related affairs including Student Union and School Newspaper.
- Director of International Affairs
Oversaw and managed international relationships with universities in other countries and set up MOUs with them for Exchange Student Programs / 2+2 Programs.
- Taught TOEFL English, Medical English, Human Physiology, Medical Nutrition, Nutrition I & II, and Nutrition/Medicine related subjects
Southern California University,
School of Oriental Medicine & Acupuncture, Los Angeles, CA USA
Sept. 2004-Aug. 2007
- Taught Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Oversaw medical interns
- Treated patients with oriental medicines, acupuncture, moxibustion & Tuina
Acuzen Clinic, Los Angeles, CA USA
Chief Supervising Doctor/Owner
- Responsible for the management of the clinic
- Treated patients with oriental medicine, acupuncture, moxibustion & Tuina.
- Treated lymphedema patients with MLD.
- Oversaw and guided subordinate doctors for patient treatment.
Pacific Western University, Santa Monica, CA USA
Sept. 1996-Aug. 1998
- Taught Nutrition & Medical Nutrition
English Teaching Capacity
▷ Technical English
Including the fields of Mechanical Engineering, Electric & Electronic Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Food Biotechnology, Maritime English, Aviation English, Construction and Automotive Engineering
▷ Medical English
Physiology, Western & Oriental Medicines, Acupuncture and Medical English, Biology, Medical Nutrition, Human Physiology & Pathology
Taught medical doctors on how to take patient history, how to explain diagnosis & treatment to the patients for their better understanding
▷ Academic English
Academic writing for Thesis, Scientific Reports for Journals, Scientific Essay Writing and English for university learning.
▷ Business English
Overall business fields including import & export.
▷ TOEFL. TOEIC & IELTS English
Reading, writing, listening & speaking and vocabulary. Pearson English IGCSE ESL examiner.
Biology Teaching Capacity
▷ IB Biology
Teaches both IB Diploma SL and HL courses. Presents fundamental ideas of the knowledge with background information to guide them to apply their learning in the real life and lab experiments. Supervises students for their writing of Extended Essay.
▷ Cambridge IGCSE Biology
Teaches deeper understanding of biology to enable students to apply the knowledge and use the information to solve the problems along with experimental skills.
Simon S. Kim 2 / 4
▷ AP Biology
Prepares students for AP Biology exam by having them thoroughly understand Big Ideas along with lab work.
▷ Life Sciences
Teaches university-level biology and human anatomy/physiology.
Teaches university-level Nutrition I & II & Medical Nutrition